What is SD-WAN — and why do you need it?
Are you connecting multiple users across multiple locations? Do you need a connectivity solution that’s cost-effective, flexible and scalable? That’s software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN).
SD-WAN is a highly effective approach to branch office networking, creating a virtual wide area network via software. It simplifies wide area networking by connecting multiple points and locations at a lower cost than traditional network connectivity—while maximizing performance for voice, data and video. And, it’s become the must-have transmission pipeline for many organizations.
SD-WAN solutions deploy centrally managed WAN edge devices in the branch office, which provide secure VPN-based logical connections with other branch edge devices across various technologies, including hybrid internet and multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) architectures. This transport-agnostic approach offers tremendous flexibility, network redundancy, and resiliency across multiple WAN connections based on business, application and performance-based policies.
- Simplifies MultiPoint connectivity – scalable solution across locations and users.
- Optimizes application performance – easily converges voice, data and video traffic with low latency.
- Flexible, resilient, and redundant – maintain user productivity across locations and extend your network as your business needs change.
- Secure and reliable – data is safeguarded across the unified network.
- Cost efficient – no hardware/routers to maintain along with zero-touch provisioning mitigate costly on-site installations.
- Reduces management complexity – centralized provisioning and monitoring simplifies network management. This provides visibility across multiple applications and cloud providers to ensure your network is functioning as expected, and Cloud and SaaS providers are meeting their Service Level Agreements.
The SD-WAN market is crowded, with close to forty vendors competing in a rapidly evolving SD-WAN marketspace. It’s not easy to know which one is right for your business, especially given that each vendor’s value proposition and approach to software-based networking all appear to be similar. There are important questions to ask each SD-WAN vendor around functionality, platform support, cloud integration, and many more.
Creative Technology Partners takes the confusion out of the SD-WAN selection equation by thoroughly vetting our vendor partners to ensure your SD-WAN solution aligns with your business goals and objectives.